Autilia Vitiello was born in Nocera Inferiore (Salerno), Italy, on December 12th, 1984.
She took the master degree cum laude in Computer Science at the University of Salerno (Italy) in July 2009, defending a thesis entitled Time Sensitive Fuzzy Agents: formal model and implementation.
From November 2009 to October 2012 she attended Ph.D. Program at Department of Computer Science of the University of Salerno.
From September to December 2012, she was a visiting student at the School of Industrial Engineering, Information Systems, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands.
She got Ph.D. in Computer Science on April 15th, 2013, defending a thesis titled Memetic Algorithms for Ontology Alignment.
From July 2013, she is research fellow at the Department of Computer Science of the University of Salerno. Currently, she is working on the project Smart Methods for Big Data.
She is also Member of the IEEE CIS Standards Committee and Chair of the Task Force named Datasets for Computational Intelligence. She is part of the IEEE Standard Association 1855 Working Group for Fuzzy Markup Language Standardization where she also serves as Secretary.
Her main research area is Computational Intelligence, and in particular, Fuzzy Logic and Evolutionary Algorithms. More in detail, she addresses topics such as memetic algorithms, fuzzy sets and fuzzy controllers, type-2 fuzzy controllers, fuzzy cognitive maps, multi-objective optimization. She also has been working on knowledge representation theories, and, in particular, on ontologies and semantic interoperability problem. Her recent interests include the integration between Computational Intelligence and Computer Vision to address Bloodstain Pattern Analysis and the integration between Evolutionary Algorithms and Machine Learning techniques to tackle Big Data Challenges.
WG Chair Award as Secretary of the 1855WG
Certificate of Appreciation for the outstanding contribution to IEEE Std.1855™-2016
Best Paper Award at UKCI 2012
Finalist at 2015 Webinar Competition for Students and Professionals
Standards & Patents
- IEEE 1855, IEEE Standard for Fuzzy Markup Language, 2016.
- Memetic Algorithms for Ontology Alignment, School of Industrial Engineering, Information Systems, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands, 29th November 2012.
- On the Temporal Granularity in Fuzzy Cognitive Maps, IEEE CIS Webinar, 30th October 2012.
- Finance Chair for:
- 2017 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems , Naples, Italy, 9-12 July 2017.
- Program Committee for:
- 2016 IEEE-RIVF International Conference on Computing and Communication Technologies, Hanoi, Vietman, 7-9 November 2016.
- The Eighth International Conference on Advanced Cognitive Technologies and Applications, Roma, Italy, 20-24 March 2016.
- 2015 IEEE International Conference On Systems, Man, And Cybernetics, Hong Kong, 9-12 October 2015.
- 2014 the Eighth International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing, Birmingham, UK, 2-4 July 2014.
- 2014 the IEEE International Conference On Systems, Man, And Cybernetics, San Diego, CA; USA, 5-8 October 2014.
- 2013 the IEEE International Conference On Systems, Man, And Cybernetics, Manchester, UK, 13-16 October 2013.
- for International Journals:
- IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems (IEEE)
- Memetic Computing (Springer)
- Applied Soft Computing (Elsevier)
- Soft Computing (Springer)
- Pervasive and Mobile Computing (Elsevier)
- Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing (Springer)
- Expert Systems With Applications (Elsevier)
- Scientific Programming (Hindawi)
- Computers & Operations Research (Elsevier)
- Helyion (Elsevier)
- Engineering Science and Technology: an International Journal (Elsevier)
- for International Conferences:
- FUZZ-IEEE (International conference on Fuzzy systems)
- IEEE CEC (IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation)
- IEEE SMC (IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, Cybernetics)
- IEEE SSCI (IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence)
- ICAART (International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence)
- IMIS (International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing)
- RIVF (International Conference on Computing and Communication Technologies)
- TAAI (Conference on Technologies and Applications of Artificial Intelligence)
Talks at International Conferences
- Enhancing an AmI-based Framework for U-commerce by applying Memetic Algorithms to Plan Shopping, INCOS 2014, Salerno, Italy, September, 10-12, 2014.
- Improving ontology alignment through memetic algorithms, Fuzz-IEEE 2011, Taipei, Taiwan, Giugno 27-30, 2011.
- Exploiting Timed Automata based Fuzzy Controllers for voltage regulation in Smart Grids, Fuzz-IEEE 2011, Taipei, Taiwan, Giugno 27-30, 2011.
- Towards application of FML in suspicion of non-common diseases, Fuzz-IEEE 2011, Taipei, Taiwan, Giugno 27-30, 2011.
Teaching Assistant Activities
- Academic Year 2014/2015
- Foundations of Computer Science, Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, University of Salerno.
- Foundations of Computer Science, Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering, University of Salerno.
- Academic Year 2011/2012
- Skype Lecture on Fuzzy Markup Language, held within the course Fuzzy Theory and Decision Analysis of Professor Chang-Shing Lee (National University of Tainan).
- Foundations of Computer Science and Laboratory, Bachelor degree in Mathematics, University of Salerno.
- Programming Language 1 (24 hours), Bachelor degree in Computer Science, University of Salerno.
- Operative System (32 hours), Bachelor degree in Computer Science, University of Salerno.
- Computer Architecture (16 hours), Bachelor degree in Computer Science, University of Salerno.
- Academic Year 2010/2011
- Computer Architecture (12 hours), Bachelor degree in Computer Science, University of Salerno.
- Operative System (24 hours), Bachelor degree in Computer Science, University of Salerno.
- Computer Laboratory (12 hours), Bachelor degree in Physics, University of Salerno.
- Academic Year 2009/2010
- Computer Science, Bachelor degree in Law, Pegaso Telematic University.
- Computer Science, Bachelor degree in Science Education, Pegaso Telematic University.
XML Technologies: XML, XML Schema, XSLT
RDF and OWL
Web Technologies: Bootstrap, jQuery